It’s only been three days since our last update so what could we possibly have to announce so soon? How about brand new ocean. I’ve fully rewritten our oceans, squashed a ton of bugs and added several new features.
- Ship progression via <improve>ments.
- Variable speed sailing.
- Surroundings displayed during sailing, deprecates <setenv BOAT_DESC>.
- Beaches now create a <raft> exit instead of using <enter raft>.
- Squashed several bugs, particularly while wrapping the map
- Wreckage and loot are now persisted across reboot
- Individual ships are now pre-loaded when a user logs in
- On-ship storage allows for the collection of extra loot while adventuring in far off locations
- Armour stats improve maximum damage your ship can take
- Weapon stats improve the damage your ship deals.
- <fire> on other players ships to sink them.
- <board> ships and sail other player’s ships.
- Prices significantly reduced
- Added several description enhancements, <look sails>, <look armour> etc.
- You may now <ride raft to [player]> or <ride raft to ship #>.
- You may still <enter raft #> to raft to a random ship.
- Rafts can now be used to sail to any ship.
- Fixed a display bug when too many ships are nearby.
- You can now <look ships> to see what ships are near.
- Standard Ship Keepers now allow for all purchasable options at all ship keepers.
Other Miscellaneous Improvements
- Autoloading: General cleanup and improvement
- Autoloading: Items that error on login will now be retried on next login.
- Rooms: Room items now support function pointers for dynamic content
- Rooms: Room descriptions may be dynamically lengthened using set_long_more